Certain companies are subject to the following three (3) assessments:
Missouri Universal Service Fund Assessment
The Missouri USF assessment is currently suspended. The suspension began January 1, 2020 and extends through September 30, 2022. Relevant orders from Case No. TO-2019-0346: Order Suspending Assessment Clarification Order Order Extending Suspension of Assessment Order Further Extending Suspension of Assessment Through September 30, 2022
Missouri PSC Assessment
Who must remit:
- ILECs, CLECs, IXCs, IVoIP, payphone and STS providers.
- .0013178122 * intrastate retail and wholesale revenues.
How to remit:
- The PSC will mail an Assessment Notice in June with a payment due date by July 15.
- Once per year (July 15); however, companies have the option of making quarterly payments.
Relay Missouri Assessment
Who must remit:
- ILECs, CLECs and IVoIP providers.
- All companies must recover assessment through consumer surcharge labeled "Relay Missouri surcharge".
- Companies providing basic local telecommuncations service or IVoIP service are required to apply the Relay Missouri surcharge to each access line with a cap of 100 access lines per subscriber location. Clarifications regarding lines:
- The number of access lines associated with a high capacity circuit should be determined on a voice-grade equivalent basis. For example, one high-capacity circuit equipped with 24 voice-grade channels should be considered 24 access lines.
- One line connected to a private branch exchange (PBX) should be considered one access line.
- The number of lines associated with Centrex service to a subscriber's location should be the number of Centrex stations capable of being used simultaneously.
- Companies are allowed to deduct from the amount collected, a retention amount equal to up to $30.00 or 1% of the amount collected, whichever is greater. If the total surcharge collected is less than $30.00 in Relay Missouri surcharge revenue, then this form does not need to be submitted. This form only needs to be submitted if a company is submitting funds.
How to remit:
- If a company has collected less than $30.00 monthly in Relay Missouri surcharge revenue, then this form does not need to be submitted. This form only needs to be submitted if a company is submitting funds.
- Monthly. After deducting the retention amount described above, the revenue collected from the surcharge is due to the commission no later than 30 days after the last day of the calendar month in which the surcharge was collected.
Note: Any company desiring temporary relief from assessment obligations during a pending bankruptcy should file a letter to the PSC. The letter should be filed into EFIS (Electronic Filing Information System) as a non-case related submission indicating the date of filing for bankruptcy, bankruptcy court, case number and chapter number. A subsequent letter should be filed when the company emerges from bankruptcy.