Learn About Rate Cases
The Missouri Public Service Commission must ensure the public has access to safe and reliable utility service. In proceedings before the Commission, rates are set to allow the utility company an opportunity – but not a guarantee – to earn a reasonable return on its investment after recovering its prudently incurred operating costs.
Rate Cases Pending Before The PSC
• Missouri-American Water Company -- Case File
• The Empire District Electric Company -- Case File
What Happens When A Rate Case Is Filed?
Local Public Hearings
Submit Public Comments
- Make your voice heard in cases or on issues in front of the Commission by making a public comment
How To Look Up Case Files
- If you know the number of the case you are interested in, please proceed to the Docket Sheet. Push "enter" after typing in the case number. Fact Sheet
- If you do not know the exact case number, you can search for it by the date filed.