Relay Missouri service provides functionally equivalent telephone access to residents and businesses of Missouri. Simply speaking, Relay Missouri service allows deaf, hard of hearing and speech disabled individuals to use the telephone.
Relay Missouri service is currently provided by Sprint, who was awarded the contract to provide the service through a competitive bid process. Relay Missouri service is funded by a surcharge on all landline telephones. This surcharge also provides funding for the equipment distribution program which provides special communications-related equipment to qualifying Missourians with disabilities.
The Missouri Public Service Commission oversees the administration of Relay Missouri Service while Missouri Assistive Technology administers the equipment distribution program. The Relay Missouri Advisory Committee helps advise the Missouri Public Service Commission or matters designed to improve Relay Missouri service. Relay Missouri service can be accessed by dialing "711."
Relay Missouri Service
- The Missouri Public Service Commission issued an order (Case No. TO-2015-0032) decreasing the Missouri Relay Surcharge rate from $0.08 ro $0.06 EFFECTIVE DECEMBER 1, 2014.
For additional information about Relay Missouri service and the equipment distribution program use the following links:
Relay Missouri Meetings
- Next meeting -- October 29, 2014
Relay Missouri Advisory Committee
Missouri Public Service Commission Orders
- Relay Missouri Fund Surcharge reduced from $0.08 to $0.06: Case No. TO-2015-0032 (Effective December 1, 2014)
- Relay Missouri Fund Surcharge reduced from $0.11 to $0.08: Case No: TO-2013-0416
- Relay Missouri Fund surcharge reduced from $0.13 to $0.11: Case No: TO-2009-0042
State Statutes Relating To Relay Missouri
Chapter 209 Sections 251, 253, 255, 257, 258, 259, 260.
Relay MO Contact Information
Utility Policy Analyst
Missouri Public Service Commission
200 Madison Street
Jefferson City, MO 65101
Phone: (573) 526-4777