In the Matter of the General Rate Increase Tariffs )
for Missouri Gas Energy, a Division of Laclede Gas ) File No. GR-2014-0007
Company ) Tariff No. YG-2014-0127
ORDER SUSPENDING TARIFF,
DIRECTING NOTICE, SETTING HEARINGS AND
Issue Date: September 17, 2013 Effective Date: September 17, 2013
On September 16, 2013, Missouri Gas Energy, a division of Laclede Gas Company, submitted to the Missouri Public Service Commission revised tariff sheets to implement a general rate increase of $23,384,260, or 4%. MGE points out that its rates were last increased on February 28, 2010. The proposed tariff sheets have an effective date of October 16, 2013.
Section 393.150, RSMo, authorizes the Commission to suspend the effective date of the proposed tariff sheets for 120 days, plus an additional six months to allow for a hearing. Accordingly, in order to determine if MGE’s proposed tariff sheets are just, reasonable and in the public interest, the Commission will suspend the tariff sheets for 120 days beyond the effective date. Further, because a hearing cannot be concluded within 120 days, the Commission will suspend the tariff for an additional 6 months.
The Commission will schedule an evidentiary hearing in this order and will reserve dates for a true-up hearing. The Commission will also set an early prehearing conference and require the parties to agree on a proposed procedural schedule. Staff will have primary responsibility for preparing the proposed procedural schedule. The Commission will also direct the parties to file recommendations regarding the scheduling locations, dates and times of local public hearings. The Office of the Public Counsel will be responsible for filing these suggestions.
The Commission will direct its Data Center to serve a copy of this order upon the county commission of the counties in MGE’s service area. Additionally, the Commission will direct the Public Information Office to make notice of this order available to the media serving MGE’s service area and to the members of the General Assembly representing those areas. Finally, the Commission will set a date by which applications to intervene shall be filed.
THE COMMISSION ORDERS THAT:
1. The proposed, revised tariff sheets, filed under Tariff File No. YG-2014-0127, by Missouri Gas Energy, a division of Laclede Gas Company, are suspended for 120 days from October 16, 2013 to February 13, 2014.
2. The proposed, revised tariff sheets suspended for 120 days in ordered paragraph 1, are suspended for an additional six months beyond February 13, 2014, to August 13, 2014.
3. An early prehearing conference shall be held on October 29, 2013 at 10:00 am, in Room 310 of the Governor Office Building, 200 Madison Street, Jefferson City, Missouri.
4. The parties shall file a proposed procedural schedule by November 5, 2013. The Staff of the Commission shall be responsible for filing this schedule.
5. No later than November 15, 2013, the parties shall file recommendations as to the locations, dates and times for local public hearings. The Office of the Public Counsel shall be responsible for this filing.
6. An evidentiary hearing is scheduled for April 14 – 25, 2014, beginning each weekday at 8:30 a.m. May 13, 2014, is reserved for any true-up hearing. These hearings will be held in Room 310 of the Governor Office Building, 200 Madison Street, Jefferson City, Missouri.
7. Missouri Gas Energy shall notify each affected customer of the scheduled hearings. The form and time of the notice shall be agreed upon by the parties and filed in this docket.
8. The Commission’s Data Center shall serve a copy of this order upon the county commission of each county within Missouri Gas Energy, a division of Laclede Gas Company’s service areas.
9. The Commission’s Public Information Office shall make notice of this order available to the members of the General Assembly representing Missouri Gas Energy, a division of Laclede Gas Company’s service area and to the news media serving therein.
10. All hearings will be held in a building that meets accessibility standards required by the Americans with Disabilities Act. If any person needs additional accommodations to participate in any hearing, please call the Missouri Public Service Commission’s Hotline at 1-800-392-4211 (voice) or Relay Missouri at 711 before the hearing.
11. Any applications to intervene shall be filed no later than October 18, 2013, with
Missouri Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 360
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102-0360
or in the Commission’s Electronic Filing and Information System
12. This order shall become effective upon issuance.
BY THE COMMISSION
Morris L. Woodruff
Kennard L. Jones, Senior Regulatory
Law Judge, by delegation of authority
pursuant to Section 386.240, RSMo 2000.
on this 17th day of September, 2013.