In the Matter of the Application of KCP&L Greater††††††††† )
Missouri Operations Company Containing Its Annual†††††† )†††† File No. ER-2014-0001
Fuel Adjustment Clause True-up††††††††††††††††††††† ††††††††††††† )
ORDER DIRECTING NOTICE, SETTING INTERVENTION DATE
AND DIRECTING STAFF RECOMMENDATION
Issue Date: †July 10, 2013††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††† Effective Date:† July 10, 2013
On July 1, 2013, KCP&L Greater Missouri Operations Company submitted an application containing the annual true-up of its Fuel Adjustment Clause.† GMO requests that the Commission approve the under-collected amounts and authorize GMO to include those amounts in its next accumulation period. †
Commission rule 4 CSR 240-20.090(4) requires the Staff of the Commission to, within 30 days, submit a recommendation regarding the proposed adjustment.† Also under this rule, the Commission must act on the application within 60 days or suspend the timeline to receive additional evidence or hold a hearing.
The Commission recognizes that parties to the rate case in which the Commission established GMOís fuel adjustment clause are automatically parties to this case. Therefore, those parties need not seek intervention in this case and the Commission will direct the Data Center of the Commission to add those parties to the service list.† For those who are not parties to this case, the Commission will direct notice and set a deadline for applications to intervene.
THE COMMISSION ORDERS THAT:
1. The Commissionís Data Center shall serve a copy of this order upon the county commission of each county with KCP&L Greater Missouri Operations Companyís service area.
2. The Commissionís Data Center shall add to the service list for this file, all parties in File No. ER-2007-0004.
3. The Commissionís Public Information Office shall make notice of this order available to the members of the General Assembly representing, and the news media serving, KCP&L Greater Missouri Operations Companyís service area.
4. Applications to intervene shall be filed no later than July 30, 2013, with:
Morris Woodruff, Secretary
Missouri Public Service Commission
Post Office Box 360
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102-0360
5. No later than July 30, 2013, the Staff of the Commission shall file a recommendation regarding the proposed adjustment.
6. This order shall become effective upon issuance.
BY THE COMMISSION
Morris L. Woodruff
Kennard L. Jones, Senior Regulatory
Law Judge, by delegation of authority
pursuant to Section 386.240, RSMo 2000.
on this 10th day of July, 2013.