How To File A Complaint

Definition of Complaints and Inquiries

Consumer Inquiry
An issue PSC staff can resolve without contacting the utility company. Inquiries also incorporate EFIS Quick Hits that include "referrals" to other information sources on matters over which the Missouri PSC has no jurisdiction (cable television, Internet, service providers, satellite dishes, etc.).

An issue typically involving a utility billing, payment, service or safety issue that requires PSC staff to contact the utility company for mediation or resolution. It does not necessarily mean the utility has violated Commission rules and regulations or the company's tariff.

Rights and Responsibilities

Investor-owned electric, gas, telephone utility, water and sewer companies are regulated by the Missouri Public Service Commission, and you can make an informal complaint in writing, by telephone or personal appearance to the Commission without the need of legal assistance.

Contact Information

The Missouri Public Service Commission
Governor Office Building
200 Madison Street
PO Box 360
Jefferson City, MO 65102-0360
Our toll-free number is 1-800-392-4211
Please call 1-866-735-2460 TTY
1-800-735-2466 VOICE and ask Operator to call our toll-free 1-800-392-4211 Consumer Service number
E-Mail us with your questions or concerns.

Filing A Complaint With The PSC


Office Of The Public Counsel

The Missouri Public Counsel represents the public, with emphasis on the interests of residential and small business rate payers before the Public Service Commission. The office address is:
Dustin Allison, Acting Public Counsel
Governor Office Building
Suite 650
200 Madison Street
P.O. Box 2230
Jefferson City, MO

The telephone number is (573) 751-4857
Toll-free: 1-866-922-2959

Other Resources


External / Internet