Call Before You Dig
Planning some home improvements? Planting a tree? Putting in a new mailbox? Installing a fence or deck? Whether you do it yourself or hire a professional, remember to call 811 to have any underground facilities properly marked before starting a project.
Video -- Call 8-1-1 Before You Dig
Did you know?
- A buried utility line is damaged by digging activity about every three minutes in the United States.
- About one-third of incidents are caused because a free call was not made to 811.
- Utilities are buried only a few inches underground, making them easy to strike even during shallow digging projects.
If you plan any excavation, from digging in your own yard to a commercial project, Missouri law requires that you notify Missouri One Call System. Call 8-1-1 or 1-800-DIG-RITE (344-7483). Many utility lines are located underground and out of sight. Digging carelessly can cause disruption of vital utility services and environmental damage, or even loss of life.
- Call before you dig...3 to 10 days before excavating
- Wait the required amount of time
- Respect the makings
- Dig safe, dig smart, dig with care
Check Out These Websites