In the Matter of the Fourth Prudence Review )
of Costs Subject to the Commission-Approved ) File No. EO-2014-0057
Fuel Adjustment Clause of The Empire District )
Electric Company )
Issue Date: September 17, 2013 Effective Date: September 17, 2013
On September 3, 2013, the Commission’s Staff (“Staff”) filed a notice indicating that on that date, it started its prudence audit of the fuel adjustment clause established for The Empire District Electric Company (“Empire”) for the period September 1, 2012, through February 28, 2013. Commission Rule 4 CSR 240-20.090(7)(B) requires Staff to file notice regarding the commencement of an audit. That rule also requires Staff to file its recommendation regarding the audit no later than one hundred eighty (180) days after it initiates the audit. Pursuant to the same rule, other parties to the case have one hundred ninety (190) days after initiation of the audit to request a hearing.
The Commission will give notice of the commencement of Staff’s audit to potentially interested entities and will set a date for the filing of applications to intervene. Commission Rule 4CSR 240-3.161(10) provides that parties to the rate case in which the Commission established the fuel adjustment clause are automatically parties to this prudence audit case. The Commission acknowledges the parties to ER-2008-0093 as parties to this case without the need to apply to intervene. The Data Center shall add these parties to the service list. Notice shall also be provided to parties in Empire’s most recent rate case, ER-2012-0345.
THE COMMISSION ORDERS THAT:
1. The Commission’s Data Center shall add the parties from File Number ER-2008-0093 to the certified service list for this file.
2. The Commission’s Data Center shall send a copy of this notice to each of the parties in The Empire District Electric Company’s most recent rate case, File Number ER-2012-0345.
3. Applications to intervene shall be filed no later than October 21, 2013. Such applications shall be filed by delivery to:
Missouri Public Service Commission
P.O. Box 360
Jefferson City, Missouri 65102
or by using the Commission’s electronic filing and information system.
4. Any request for a hearing shall be filed no later than March 12, 2014.
5. This order shall become effective upon issuance.
BY THE COMMISSION
Morris L. Woodruff
Kim S. Burton, Regulatory Law Judge
by delegation of authority
pursuant to Section 386.240, RSMo 2000.
Dated at Jefferson City, Missouri,
on this 17th day of September, 2013.