In the Matter of the Name Change of )
Embarq Communications, Inc. d/b/a ) File No. LN-2014-0312
CenturyLink Communications to CenturyLink ) Tariff No. JX-2014-0423
Communications, LLC )
NOTICE ACKNOWLEDGING NAME CHANGE
AND CLOSING FILE
Issue Date: May 28, 2014
On April 23, 2014, the above-referenced company notified the Commission of a name change and filed a tariff revision bearing an effective date of May 5, 2014. The requirements for a name change are the following:
• a statement clearly setting out both the old and new name
• registration of fictitious name with the Missouri Secretary of State
• a copy of the notice sent to customer
• an adoption notice and revised tariff title sheet reflecting the new name, with an effective date of at least 10 days after filing
• A statement that the company has reviewed its contact information in EFIS
The company did not file all of the necessary information with its original filing, but on May 27, 2014, supplemented its filing to complete the requirements above. On May 27, the Staff of the Commission informed the Commission that the company has complied with the Commission’s rule and recommended that the Commission recognize the name change.
The Commission herein recognizes the company’s name change from Embarq Communications, Inc. d/b/a CenturyLink Communications to CenturyLink Communications, LLC. There remains no further action in this matter. This file is therefore closed.
BY THE COMMISSION
Kennard L. Jones, Senior Regulatory
Law Judge, by delegation of authority
pursuant to Section 386.240, RSMo 2000.
on this 28th day of May, 2014.